NEW COACH BLUEPRINT ProgramModule Two - Values
SESSION TWO – VALUES
Set The Scene:
Welcome your client and thank them for being with you today.
Ask if there is anything pressing that they need to discuss before you get into the session content.
Ask the client to reflect on their journalling homework for a FEW minutes. Keep them on track and ask them to share what they learnt about themselves. It is important to not let this get out of control or you will run out of time for the Session Two content.
Session Two is all about Values. Values are one of my very favourite topics and I find that if I don’t know what my clients’ values are, I am essentially ‘driving blind’ as their coach.
First of all, watch this video training on what Values are.
VALUES ELICITATION ACTIVITY
There are lots of different ways to help your client uncover their values, and in this program I am sharing one simple tool to use.
Download the ACTIVITY WORKSHEET and complete it before continuing with the questions below:
Now that you have watched the video and completed your own Values Reflection it’s time to get out and practice.
This week find a client or test subject to run through the Values activity.
SESSION TWO OUTLINE (cont)
– To get past the conscious values that your client has been brought up with
– To give you both insight into what is most important to your client right now
– To allow your client to discover for themselves what their motivators are
MASTERFUL COACH TIPS:
– don’t hurry the process. It can be challenging for your client to come up with people that have shaped their life. Sometimes these will be positive shapings and other times they will be challenging for your client to revisit. Hold an empowering and safe space for them to do this work.
– stay in the space as your client completes their activities. Do not be tempted to ‘leave them to it’. Sit quietly and patiently and be there for them in case they need to ask you a question.
– always be encouraging
– the values exercise is often very enlightening for clients and once again a journal prompt to help them to reflect on what they have learned is sufficient for this session’s homework:
What did you learn about yourself today?
How do your values sit with what you want to achieve through the coaching process?
In our next session we will begin to set values- aligned goals that you will be working on for the rest of our coaching sessions and this reflection will aid in ensuring we are working on the right things.
Coach, Coach Trainer & Mentor
Lorraine Hamilton’s clients call her their secret weapon. She is dedicated to helping others make a living from making a difference through her coaching, mentoring and certification programs.
Coaching Skills Diploma
You know that coaching has the power to bust through your clients’ blocks, but you don’t want that to be your main gig, right?So where do you go to get the coaching skills that are going to make a difference to you and your business, without losing focus on your core offering?.. More…
Certified Professional Coach
Coach School is an ICF Accredited Coach Certification Program designed to be more boutique than bootcamp. With an unprecedented amount of 1:1 support and guidance, Coach School is a quality training for those who want to say, “I’m a coach” and mean it… More…
You know that you are capable of so much more, if you could get out of your own way. Bust through blocks to success with Lorraine’s 1:1 coaching… More…
In the next module you will learn my 5 Step process to ensure that your client is setting the right goals to work on with you during your coaching relationship.